2023 INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPMENT AWARDS FUNDING
AWARD PERIOD: April 1, 2023 – July 1, 2023
APPLICATION DEADLINE October 31, 2023, 5 PM
This round of the IDA grants is a continuation of the 2022/23 funding and any awards granted in the previous round will be deducted from any award in this round. The total amount eligible to be awarded is $2000 for the 22/23 period. Projects Must be completed by 7/1/23. You can apply for up to $2000 for up to 2 projects. If either criterion has been previously met you are ineligible for this round. That is:
- You received $2000 in the previous round
- You have received less but it was applied to 2 projects.
For UUP Stony Brook Health Sciences Center Chapter Represented Employees (HSC, LISVH, Hospital, and all outbuildings)
NOT FOR WEST CAMPUS CHAPTER REPRESENTED EMPLOYEES
The UUP Individual Development Award (IDA) program is intended to assist eligible UUP-represented employees (full and part-time) in developing their full professional potential and in preparing for advancement.
The funding that may be provided for enhancing teaching, research capabilities, and improving professional knowledge and skills. Funding may not be awarded to purchase equipment or supplies. The maximum possible award is $2,000.
General Program Information link
Please note: Purchase of equipment, books, software, professional dues, licensing cost, certification or examination fee for license or certification are NOT permitted.
• 2022-2023 IDA Program Evaluation is available here for download:
• 2022-2023 IDA Application is available here for download:
Information on the Individual Development Awards Program and other NYS/UUP JLMC grant opportunities may be found by visiting the Governor's Office for Employee Relations at: https://goer.ny.gov/grant-opportunities
UUP Chapter Contact Information:
Stony Brook Health Sciences Center Chapter
Health Sciences Center, L5-Room 572
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8553
Phone: 631-444-1505 Fax:631-444-7566
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Notice: The below application is to be used by applicants who are represented by UUP Stony Brook Health Sciences Center Chapter (HSC/Hospital, LISVH and School of Dental Medicine employees) only NOT WEST CAMPUS. Questions should be directed to your designated chapter.
* Please note this form will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
You will need these documents ready to upload: ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE NAMED AS INDICATED TO ENSURE PROPER PROCESSING.
1. IDA application - Printed, filled out, and signed. Then scanned and renamed as "Last Name - First Name - IDA 2023" then uploaded in the field where it says "add a file"
2. CV/Resume uploaded with the file name Last name-First name-CV
3. Project/Activity Documentation file: Add all conference brochures, invitations, and other supporting documentation of the project or activity into a single file. Name file: "Last Name -First Name - Activity"
4. Project/Activity Receipts & Vouchers: Add copies of all receipts and/or vouchers from the project or activity as available into single file. Name file: "Last Name - First Name - Receipts". Note: Retain all original receipts & vouchers for submission your reimbursement packet Stony Brook University Procurement Department